Review of episode 1 of My Hero Academia Season 5

 


The first episode of My Hero Academia season 5 aired on 27th March 2021. Though it’s been more than a year but after watching the first episode it feels like the last episode of season 4 aired the previous week. In the first episode of the season, developments that occurred in the last episode of season 4 were shown, and how Endeavour fought Nomu and the events that took place after that incident. To be honest, I didn’t expect to see that epic scene once but I am not surprised because that scene got famous and I heard many speaking about that particular scene more than the entire season 4. An extra thing that was added was the appearance of Dabi after Nomu’s invasion. Reasons are yet to be known.

At present, Class 1-A got an emergency drill in which they fight a villain who has infiltrated the campus and at the same time rescue those who got hurt. When students of class 1-A reached the site, they worked collectively divided tasks voluntarily among themselves. Later it was found that they were against Big Three of U.A. High school but only Hado and Amakaji acted as villains whereas Mirio 


who lost his quirk acted as a citizen who got attacked during the incident. Though it was a normal drill but I liked Amakaji was acting like a child. I think he stole the whole spotlight because of two scenes. First is when Heros asks Villian what are his demands seriously then his answer made me laugh so loud that I had to pause the scene. He said ‘I want to go home' like a child and the heroes were replying like if you want to then go home. 
 
                             
       



The second scene was when Bakugo enters the scene, poor Amakiji gets so frightened by Bakugo’s murderous intent eyes that he gave up before the fight. But Bakugo doesn’t like it that way. He needs action and scolds Amakiji to give too soon and asks him to fight seriously and blasts the whole area even though villains gave up. That second scene more funnier than the first one.



                                         

The first episode was very engaging and I didn’t get bored watching it. I can watch it twice or thrice too. I agree that it was like a filler episode without the main plot but still it was entertaining to watch and enjoy the characters of one of my favorite anime.

In the next episode, we may get to see Hawks making contact with the League of Villians. I think it might be connected with the scene shown in the first episode where Dabi appears before Hawks and Endeavor at Kyoto and he says, at last, he and Endeavor met. Though it appears like Hawks has a dark side but I think it is too early to accuse anyone of anything without knowing the further context. Let see how these events get unfolded in the second episode.








Comments